Intelligent assistance to enhance people’s wellbeing and work life
One of the greatest challenges today is combining work life requirements with social and human needs. Robotics and Artificial Intelligence allow us to overcome this challenge, and therefore, enhance human life as we know it. AI Services are at the forefront of digital transformation, changing traditional methods of how the world is perceived by individuals, as well as how they understand and are influenced by it.
Our end goal sees the implementation of a distributed robotics platform, orchestrated within the framework of Cognitive Hub. We are subsequently conducting research in these key areas:
- Identifying suitable robotic systems depending on user profile and preferences
- Investing in the development of cognitive robotic skills essential to successfully operate in day-to-day scenarios
- Developing an infrastructure network to orchestrate various robots, cameras, and sensors with the objective of resolving interactional difficulties.
Our aim is to provide AI Services based on robotics systems, artificial intelligence and IoT technologies to support customers in performing activities in different application contexts, such us digital healthcare, Industry 4.0 and digital workplaces.
- Enhancing safety in the workplace by reducing risks, guarding facility areas and keeping all essential personnel informed of their surroundings.
- Supporting the efforts of medical staff by monitoring hospital rooms and patients, detecting risks and unsafe situations, alerting personnel in the event of an accident, and monitoring assets.
- Improving the quality of work for Industry 4.0 by measuring and understanding stress level amongst the workerforce, identifying group sizes in specific areas, gauging noise level, and collating data from machines and the environment.
IMPROVING SAFETY & SECURITY IN WORKPLACES
Konica Minolta’s R&D laboratories imagine AI Services as a modular and customizable process built around the needs of our customers.
The strength of our services relies on the integration of computer vision with behavior understanding algorithms. Implemented upon different devices and technologies, AI Services are enriched with cognitive abilities, enabling better collaboration between multiple machines and between humans and machines.
In this way, Konica Minolta wants to improve safety and security in workplaces, towards the Workplace of the Future.
BUILDING AN ENVIRONMENT
FOR DIGITAL COOPERATION
Robots, from the Czech word robota, meaning ‘forced labour’, are classically defined as programmable machines that can execute actions and tasks autonomously. Industrial robots that have been used since the late 1930s1 surely fall within this category. But what about autonomous drones? Or companion and social robots? Today, robots are increasingly seen as intelligent agents that can perform actions that have effects on the physical world. It is the artificial intelligence within and around robots, rather than the pure automation, that is creating a paradigm shift within robotics…